Church of the Advent Ridgetown, part of the Rondeau Bay Transfiguration Partnership, is looking for an organist for its church services.
Equipment available is a pipe organ as well as an electric piano. Open to part time involvement or Sunday morning services music.
Send resume or relevant information to Rev Justin Comber at firstname.lastname@example.org 519-809-9452.
St. John’s-by-the-Lake Grand Bend and St. Anne’s Port Franks
Title: Operations Coordinator
- Rector for liturgical and service preparation and diocesan relations
- The Wardens for general administration and employment relations
Hours: 16-20 hours/week. Schedule to be determined in collaboration with the Rector.
Compensation: Depends on experience and qualifications.
Status: Regular Part-time.
Closing Date: November 11, 2022
For full job description and to apply please visit www.stjohnsbtl.com
Under the supervision of the Rector and Wardens, the Operations Coordinator provides general office support to the parish, staff, congregation, and committees, to support the ministries and mission of St. John’s-by-the-Lake, Grand Bend and St. Anne’s, Port Franks. This work includes, but is not limited to data and records management, phone and email support, supplies and inventory management, communications work, managing use of church space by parish and outside groups, supporting church ministries and committees, and collaborating with volunteers. The Operations Coordinator will be a resource person for both members and non-members, and a welcoming and responsive presence in our church’s office.
- Diploma or certificate in Administration, Coordination, or Management
- 3 years experience in a related position
- Strong organizational skills
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to effectively manage workload
- Ability to prioritize with an understanding of the need for flexibility
- Ability to liaise with staff, clergy, and the public
- Ability to maintain confidentiality regarding persons and information
- High level of ability to be proactive and take initiative
- Competency in Microsoft Office, Google Suite, and QuickBooks
- Working knowledge of office equipment
- Ability to work independently and as a team
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Understanding of Anglican Church structure and liturgy would be considered an asset
- Support the Rector in the office and with programs as needed
- Retrieve information from the Diocese as needed
- Communicate with the Rector once a week to prepare bulletin, order of service, service slides, etc
- Create, edit, and proof-read weekly service PowerPoints
- Produce electronic and hard copy bulletins and announcements for two churches
- Coordinate musicians and AV techs for Sunday worship service Attend monthly council meetings, type, and circulate minutes when asked
- Assist with quarterly newsletter as needed
- Communicate with church officers and committee chairs to gather information about upcoming events
- Participate as a member of the Communication Committee
- Communicate with tenants as needed
- Keep the church notice boards and google calendar up to date
- Change electronic sign board regularly
- Maintain parish mailing and emailing lists
- Retrieve mail from postal box regularly
- Keep the church office and building stocked with all necessary supplies
- Answer calls and emails, and relay messages to appropriate person
- Produce Annual Vestry Report
- Ensure volunteers police checks are completed and current
- Arrange service work, when necessary, in consultation with Rector and/or Wardens
- Be available to send out emergency correspondence if needed
- Coordinate yearly volunteer appreciation day
- Prepare special mail-outs at Easter, Thanksgiving, Christmas
- Enter data into QuickBooks and print reports as required
- Prepare and submit documentation for salary management
- Other duties as may be assigned
- Must obtain valid driver’s license and reliable transportation (1 day in Port Franks, other days in Grand Bend)
- Must complete vulnerable screening test
- Must provide proof of COVID19 vaccination in compliance with the Safe Church policies of the Diocese of Huron.
St Johns the Evangelist Church in Leamington is seeking an Organist/Musical Director
Sunday Services Chorale Eucharist at 10:30 am with extra services at Easter and Christmas. Weddings and Funerals happen occasionally. Remuneration to be discussed.
Approx. 10 voice choir. Church has a 12 Stop Casavant Pipe Organ.
Send resume to St Johns the Evangelist
60 Erie St N
Leamington, ON N8H 2Z5
c/o David Seaton
or email email@example.com
St. John’s, Port Rowan is looking for an Organist (Part Time Employment Opportunity). Organist for Local Anglican Services - Our group enjoys singing a variety of styles of music. Organ is manual digital with full pedal. Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Any questions: 519-586-3401