1. Bishop Townshend shares that Bishop Susan Bell has appointed The Venerable Dr. Timothy Dobbin Rector of Christ’s Church Cathedral and Dean of Niagara, effective January 1, 2021.
Dean-designate Tim is currently the rector of St. Mark’s, Brantford and the Archdeacon of Brant/Norfolk. We give thanks for Dean-designate Tim’s ministry in the Diocese of Huron and hold him and his family in our prayers during this time of transition.
2. Bishop Townshend announces that the following will be ordained to the Order of Priests on the Commemoration of Elizabeth of Hungary, November 19, 2020 at the Cathedral Church of St. Paul, London. Due to COVID-19 restrictions, attendance will be by invitation only. Please keep the ordinands in your prayers in the days ahead as they prepare for their ordination.
- The Reverend Dr. Justin Comber, upon priesting the Rector of the Parish of the Transfiguration (Church of the Advent, Ridgetown; St. John’s-in-the-Woods, Aughrim; Christ Church, Dresden; St. Matthew’s, Florence; Church of the Redeemer, Highgate and Trinity Chapel of Ease, Highgate.)
- The Reverend Andra Townshend O’Neill, upon priesting the Rector of St. Mark’s, London.
3. Bishop Townshend announces that the following will be ordained to the Order of Deacons on the Feast of St. Andrew, November 30th at the Cathedral Church of St. Paul, London. Due to COVID-19 restrictions, attendance will be by invitation only. Please keep the ordinands in your prayers in the days as they prepare for their ordination.
- Ms. Susan Bagshaw, upon ordination, Deacon with special responsibility for Pastoral Care, St. John’s, Cambridge
- Mr. Enrique Martinez, upon ordination, Deacon-in-Charge of the Parish of Long Point Bay (Port Ryerse Memorial Church, Port Ryerse; St. John’s, Woodhouse; St. John’s, Port Rowan; St. Andrew’s-by-the-Lake, Turkey Point and Christ Church Chapel of Ease, Vittoria)