- 55 HOURS FOR HOPE. This year Rev. Kevin George will start a record-setting marathon of preaching on September 11 and finish 55 hours later on September 13. His efforts will raise money for ANOVA, Jesse‘s Journey, and St Aidan’s Anglican Church.
Sept. 11-13, St. Aidan’s Church, 1246 Oxford St W, London. Help defeat Duchenne muscular dystrophy! To find our more visit www.55hoursforhope.blog
- Book Club. Wednesdays 6:30 – 7:30 p.m. 87 North Street Goderich. St. George’s Anglican Church, Goderich. Want to gather with others to talk about what it means to be a disciple today? Wednesdays in September & October beginning Sept. 11 we’ll share our responses to Rowan William’s Being Disciples chapter by chapter. Come, let’s talk about the ‘Essentials of Christian Life’.
- Modern Slavery and the Role of the Private Sector. The Faculty of Theology is hosting speaker Matt Freidman who is on an international speaking tour Sept 13 at 7:30 P.M. in the Kingsmill Room at Huron. Link to register
For more info see the poster
- Join us for a delicious Fish Dinner. Wednesday, September 18, 2019 – 5:00 p.m. at Canon Davis Memorial Church, Parish Hall, 380 Russell Street N., Sarnia. Please call 519-344-9531 to reserve tickets. Cost: Adults $15.00, Children $7.00. Take-out available.
- Holy Trinity St. Stephen’s, London presents: Sweet Sounds of Soul, Friday, September 20 at 7pm. Featuring Denise Pelley and Marque Smith. Tickets: $20.00. Proceeds to PWRDF and HTTSM Outreach Fund. Call 225-456-4059 or email: [email protected]
- Christ Church, Amherstburg, is celebrating its 200th anniversary with a Black Tie Gala on Saturday, Sept 21. Cocktails and appetizers at 6:30 pm; a 4-course dinner at 7 pm followed by entertainment by Canto in Armonia. Silent auction and door prizes. Cash bar. Tickets are $80 with a $30 income tax receipt. For more info or tickets, contact Cheryl @ [email protected] or 519-736-2281.
- Share Your Faith. Rediscover the Why and How with Rev. Dr. Judy Paulsen, Professor of Evangelism, Director of the Institute of Evangelism, Wycliffe College. Saturday, Sept. 21, 2019 – 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Trinity Anglican Church, 166 Dinsley Street, Blyth. Cost: $10.00 (lunch included). Email [email protected] by Sept 16 to reserve your spot!
- FASHION SHOW. Church of the Ascension, London (2060 Dundas Street East). Wed, September 25, 2019. Doors open 6 pm. Tickets $12.00. 519-453-5324 / email [email protected] Fashions by Nygard, Plus, other ladies’ Accessories. Desserts & Coffee Included. Free Parking – Wheel chair accessible. http://ascensionlondon.com
- Murder is No Jive! at St. John the Evangelist, Strathroy. On Friday, September 27th at 6:30 PM, St. John the Evangelist (Strathroy) will be hosting the murder mystery dinner show “Murder is No Jive”. Set during a 1950s prom (costumes are encouraged!) alongside a delicious ham and scalloped potato supper, the audience will be expected to solve the mystery of who-dunnit! Tickets are $40 per person. Contact 519-245-2131 or 519-245-3157 for ticket purchase.
- September 27, Tribute to ABBA fundraiser. Grace Anglican Church, Brantford. Doors open 6:30 p.m., performance 7:30 p.m. This historic place of worship and halls home many community events and is committed to refurbishing water-damaged walls to continue into the future. Celebrity Productions promise to bring an especially great show, providing music and fun for everyone. Refreshments, 50/50 draw, CD sales-proceeds go to SPCA. Advanced tickets $20; at the door $25, 519-758-0516
- All Saints’-London: Join us for our 3rd Annual Book & Bake Sale! Saturday, September 28, 2019 from 9:00 am to 12:00 noon. Located at 249 Hamilton Rd just east of Adelaide. The sale includes like-new and gently used books, fresh baked goodies, Thirty-One Gift bags/totes, and much more!
- Upcoming events at St. John’s Anglican Church, 20 Flora St., St. Thomas
Country Jam on Saturday, September 14 featuring The Country Oldtimers. Tickets are $12.00 each and includes snacks and a light late lunch. Doors open at 6:30pm with event from 7 to 11pm. Cash Bar. For information or tickets: 519-631-7368. Come enjoy a great night of music and dancing with your friends.
Almighty Roast Beef Supper. Sept. 27, Oct. 25, Nov. 22, Jan. 24, Feb. 28, March 27, April 24, May 22 and June 26 from 5 to 7pm, ticket sales begin @ 2:30pm the day of the supper. Adults $13.00, Children 5 to 12 years $5.00. Come out and enjoy a heavenly meal!
- On Sunday October 6, at 2:00 pm, the Chapel Royal of the Mohawk will hold a Royal Commemoration Service in conjunction with their annual Harvest Thanksgiving service. Archbishop Linda Nicholls will be in attendance. October marks 189 years since the Chapel was consecrated and 100 years since the visit to the Chapel by Edward, Prince of Wales. We are planning also to unveil our Coat of Arms, granted by H.M. the Queen.
301 Mohawk Street, Brantford, ON. For further information call 519-445-2953.
- St George’s New Hamburg is hosting “BrassRoots” on October 6th at 2:30 pm at the New Hamburg Community Centre. To purchase tickets, please contact the church office at 519-634-3450 or [email protected]
- The Righteous Mind: Why Good People are Divided by Politics and Religion. Take part in this discussion on Jonathan Haidt’s bestselling book. Simply acquire the book in whatever format works for you, read it, and come prepared to share your thoughts, with a special focus on how the book can inform our lives as Christians, and as Anglicans in a Church that, at times, struggles to maintain unity in the midst of diversity. Monday, October 21, 7:30 PM at St. Bede Chapel, Renison University College, Waterloo. This is part of the Renison Institute of Ministry Drop-In Book Club. (No cost, but please help us to prepare by registering: 519-884-4404 x28628 or [email protected] or [email protected])