- EVENTS AT ST. THOMAS ANGLICAN CHURCH, ST. THOMAS, 20 Flora Street:
Almighty Roast Beef Dinner Fundraiser, on the 4th Friday of each month from 5 to 6:30pm. $20.00 each, Advance Ticket Sales now available from the office from 10am to 2pm (Tues. to Fri.).
Upcoming Dinner Dates are: April 28th, May 26th & June 23rd.
Come out and enjoy a heavenly meal! POSTER
- EVENTS AT TRIVITT MEMORIAL CHURCH, EXETER, 264 Main St.:
Lenten Bible Study Wendell Berry and the Sabbath Poetry of Lent – beginning Wed., Feb. 22 - Wed. April 5 2:00 p.m. All are welcome! For more information please call Trivitt Memorial Church (519) 235-2565.
The parish of Trinity St. James, Bayfield & the Bayfield Area Food Bank are hosting a Sugar Bush Tour and Pancake 'n Sausage Brunch. SATURDAY, APRIL 1 at 9:00 AM.Great fun for all ages to come on out to Pine Lake Family Campground, 77794 Orchard LIne, Bayfield to enjoy a Pancake brunch with Maple Syrup and then hop on a hay wagon to learn how the syrup is made. Girl Guide Cookies and Schilbe Maple Syrup will be available for Purchase. 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- Free MTBH Studio Concert - Saturday, April 1 at 7pm. Riverside United Church, 695 Riverside Dr. London, ON.
Jocelyn Rasmussen and students of MEANT TO BE HEARD STUDIO are CELEBRATING SPRING with Marque Smith on piano, Aidan Wasse on bass, David Laidlaw on drums. Admission is free, all are welcome! CHECK THE POSTER
- Church Goes to the Movies: A screening of the movie musical GODSPELL, Sunday, April 30, 1:30 PM at the Princess Twin Cinema (46 King St. N., Waterloo). Join in the exuberance of the Easter season with this unique take on the Gospel According to Matthew, with music inspired by the hymnal of the American Episcopal Church. Arrive anytime after 1:00 PM to gather and visit the concession stand. After the film we'll have time to share some responses to the film, and then to chat informally in the lobby or gallery. This is a FREE event presented by St. Andrew's in Kitchener, with donations welcome to help offset the cost of the theatre rental and film rights. Please RSVP at firstname.lastname@example.org or 519-743-0911.
- St. James' Church Ingersoll is pleased to announce a very special evening - dinner and concert with legendary Canadian Country Music Hall inductee Marie Botrell.
Marie will sing many of her hits from her successful recording career. She will also perform well known songs from both the country and pop charts and more.
This outstanding dinner concert will be held one night only – Friday April 28.
Your evening will begin with Cocktails at 6:00 pm (cash bar); Dinner at 6:30 pm (a buffet dinner deliciously prepared and served by Thamesford's Village Deli catering team), and culminate with the Marie Botrell Show at 7:30 pm.
Tickets for the evening are $55.00 and the venue is the Unifor Local 88 Hall on Victoria Street in Ingersoll.
So act now and call the church office at 519-485-0385 to reserve your tickets. Simply tell Kristy Van Kooten-Bossence, our office administrator, how many tickets you require. A wonderful dinner and show awaits you this spring!
- On Good Friday, April 7, at 10:00 a.m., St. Paul’s Church, Port Dover will be hosting an Ecumenical Service to which the members of the United and the Roman Catholic churches in town are invited.
On Good Friday, April 7 at 7:30pm, London Pro Musica Choir is honoured to present the first annual Common Ground concert. This year’s theme is the Book of Psalms.
This annual concert aims to highlight sacred music, whatever that may mean. In doing so, we work to look beyond our differences and embrace what we share.
The Psalms embody so many of the emotions that form the human condition. From pain and loss to joy and ecstasy. These common emotions are found and expressed beautifully and uniquely from culture to culture.
This Good Friday, please plan to attend this meditative and moving concert that will feature music from the Judiac, Christian, and Orthodox traditions.
When: Friday, April 7 @ 7:30pm
Where: St. James Westminster Anglican Church, 115 Askin Street
Cost: $25 General Admission
St. Jude’s, London: Trivia Night – Saturday April 15 – 7 PM
We will have tables of 6. Trivia game has 100 questions over 10 rounds. There will be refreshments for purchase. Some snacks are provided but tables can bring their own. Individual players will be accommodated. This is a fundraising event. Cost is $20 per person. Contact the office 519-660-6198 or Don Hambley 519-433-4719 email@example.com to book a spot.
On April 22 Old St Paul’s Church, Woodstock is hosting the Blazing Fiddles. High energy family fun starting at 1:30pm and followed by refreshments afterwards.
Adults $25.00, Students $10.00 and kids 12 & under are Free. Tickets will be available at the door, at Hallmark in Woodstock or by calling 519-537-3921.