TOGETHER ON THE ROAD WITH CHRIST
182nd Synod of the Diocese of Huron
May 15-16, 2022
Synod Opening Service: LIVESTREAM
- Good News from Camp Huron
We are looking forward to our return to our overnight programs for children and youth!
ONLINE REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN: www.camphuron.ca
In the coming weeks there will be more details about the summer. In the meantime, if you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact email@example.com
- Bishop of Huron’s Prayer’s Online Conference: Praying through Times of Transition
Saturday, May 7, 2022; 9:30am to 12:30pm with Ven. Megan Collings-Moore
Join the Ven. Megan Collings-Moore for a morning exploring what prayer might look like in times of transition. The morning will contain keynote addresses and breakout discussion groups. There will also be resources shared, as well as a chance to reflect on your own experiences and wisdom. Session #1 - Prayer & truth telling: How does prayer help us discern what is true? In a world where truth seems to mean many different things, how can we trust G-d? Session #2 - Prayer & perspective: When life is hard, what is the role of prayer in helping us lament our losses, but also pulling us beyond ourselves? Can prayer help us see as G-d sees?
To Register contact the Rev’d Kim Myer at:firstname.lastname@example.org
text or call (519) 980-4545
SEE THE POSTER HERE
- On April 19 the Anglican Foundation of Canada (AFC) kicked-off its 2nd annual Say Yes! to Kids Campaign with a live online launch. The campaign will run until June 30, 2022 and will help churches across Canada raise money to support ministry and outreach that meets the physical, spiritual, and emotional needs of children, youth, and young adults.
For every $10 donated to the Huron teams, $4 will be shared between youth-focused ministry at the diocesan and national levels.
For regular updates and to support one of the Huron teams, GO HERE.
- BLACK HISTORY 365 IN MAY. Join us on Wednesday, May 25 @ 7pm with the amazing Irene Moore-Davis as we theologically and historically examine her film “The North Was Our Canaan”.
For more info GO HERE
- DEACON’S PROJECT 2020. Will you help us “Love our Students” in the Diocese of Huron who are in need?
More information and payment instructions check HERE
- Essex Deanery is offering the following Lay Leadership courses this year:
May 14 - Pastoral Care:How do we care for each other?
June 18 - Homiletics: How do we write a 5 min sermon?
Nov 19 - Biblical Studies: Who wrote the Bible?
They will all be held on the 3rd Saturday of the month and will be on zoom until further notice. For more information and to register, please contact Rev'd Elise Chambers email@example.com
- Huron’s Licentiate in Theology Program is pleased to present:
Spiritual Formation and Leadership with Rev. Canon Dr. Dawn Davis, Saturday, May 7
COURSES RUN FROM 10:00AM to 3:30PM
Cost to register: $100
To register: Grayhame.firstname.lastname@example.org or 519.438.7224 ext. 832
- HURON AT WESTERN. Huron’s Licentiate in Theology Program presents:
Our Anglican Family Tree: The Anglican Communion and Ecumenical Relationship, with Most Rev. Dr. Linda Nicholls, Thursdays from 8-10pm (ET), starting May 26 (hosted via Zoom). Learn more HERE
Cost to register: $325 for full credit, $150 to audit. To register contact: Grayhame.email@example.com or 519.438.7224 ext. 832
- I Wasn’t Trained for This! Making administration a part of your ministry. Huron Faculty of Theology Degree Credit Course: Church and Non-Profit Administration.
May 16-June 2, 2022, Online (Zoom link to follow) 6:30-9:30 pm ET (Monday-Thursday)
This immersive, degree credit course will help build confidence and competence in organizational leadership and administrative management. Drawing upon business literature, church consulting techniques, and postcolonial approaches to ministry theory, deepen and grow as a leader.
The Rev. Dr. Soren M. Hessler is an United Methodist minister with a PhD in practical theology with a concentration in leadership and administration from Boston University School of Theology.
Bursaries are available.For more information contact Sandra firstname.lastname@example.org
- Friday May 6 from 5 til 630pm - Takeout only pasta dinner at St Paul's Essex (92 St Paul Street Essex)
Take the night off from cooking and enjoy a delicious pasta dinner that includes pasta, salad, roll and dessert all for $12 per person. Takeout only this month, we are hoping for a sit down dinner in June, stay tuned! Please bring your own containers if you'd like, 519-776-7711 for more info.
- Roast Beef Dinner from St. Thomas Anglican Church, St. Thomas. Friday, May 27. Pickup 4:30-6pm. $15.00 each. More info HERE
- ST. THOMAS ANGLICAN CHURCH, ST. THOMAS, 20 Flora Street
Every Tuesday from 2 to 4pm by free will donation.
Come out to enjoy the fun and meet new people. Appropriate face coverings are required.
For more information, contact 519-631-7368.
- St. Peter's Anglican Church, 4091 Catherine St., Dorchester is having a Garage/Plant/Bake Sale on Saturday May 7th, 2022 8am-1pm
- St. John the Evangelist Anglican Church (280 St. James Street, London) is hosting a Benefit Concert for Ukraine featuring the jazz band Swing Shift. Sunday, May 15 at 2pm.
The concert will feature familiar songs from the Swing, Latin, and Pop repertoire.
Admission by donation. All proceeds will be directed to Doctors Without Borders.
Face masks are required.
- Garage sale and New to you clothing sale.May 28th 8am till 2 pm.St John the Divine at Arva.
- Friday, May 6, Cursillo Ultreya gathering via Zoom, friends welcome. Ultreya is Spanish for “Onward!” and a term used for community meetings. Join us at 7:00 p.m. for social time before the program start time of 7:30 p.m. Enjoy a witness talk, music, clergy and lay responses and small group breakout. Contact email@example.com for the link and agenda. Hosted by Niagara Huron Anglican Cursillo.
- Sat., June 4, 2022 – Cursillo Day of Deeper Understanding via Zoom, 10:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. Speaker John Bowen will cover some of the ground covered in Chapter 6 of his most recent book, The Unfolding Gospel. He will say something about what the Gospel is, what evangelism is, and how we can do it in everyday life. There will be times for teaching, reflection, and discussion. Inviting Cursillistas and Friends of Cursillo to this educational day presented by Niagara Huron Anglican Cursillo Secretariat. To register and receive the link and agenda please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. For the poster click here.
- The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee. Sunday, June 5 at 4:00 pm, Trinity Anglican Church, Simcoe. Celebratory Choral Evensong followed by a picnic on the lawn. Guest preacher: The Rt. Rev. Barry Clarke. More info HERE
- The Deanery of Essex 8th Annual Golf Tournament. Ambassador Golf Club, 1025 Sprucewood Ave., Windsor.
Monday, June 20 at 8AM. $130.00 per golfer; $45.00 dinner only. Includes green fees, power cart, prizes, and dinner at the course. Register now: registration fee $130.00 per group. Contact Rob Lemon email@example.com Hole sponsorship: $100. Per hole. SEE THE POSTER.
- Trinity College Divinity Associates: New Shoots in Ecumenism
"What is the role of ecumenism in our new era? What have we learned from more than sixty years of ecumenism? What new shoots are emerging?"
Choose any or all of the five Zoom webinars over two days, plus evening worship:
Wednesday, May 25 & Thursday, May 26
For the detailed agenda and to register:
This is a FREE online conference presented by the Trinity College Divinity Associates. Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
DIOCESE OF HURON: DIRECTOR OF FINANCE
Reporting to the Executive Archdeacon with accountability to the Bishop, and working as a key member of the Diocesan Executive Staff, this hands-on Director of Finance is responsible for the leadership and oversight of the Diocese's financial function, while effectively supporting and moving forward the Diocese's vision, leadership, and mission.
For this job posting, the Diocese is partnering with Prime Management Group Inc., an Executive Search & Recruitment + HR Consulting firm serving Southwestern Ontario and beyond.
FOR DETAILS GO HERE
- MINISTRY OPPORTUNITY: Part-time Priest - Holy Trinity Anglican Church, St. George. Detailed information HERE
HURON UNIVERSITY COLLEGE invites applications for the position of CHAPLAIN.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit their application by THURSDAY, MAY 12 at 11:59pm. For more information CHECK HERE
- Office Coordinator -- Holy Trinity, Kitchener
Holy Trinity Kitchener is seeking a part-time Office Coordinator to help administer the parish and support the priest. A successful candidate will have strong interpersonal, organizational, and technological skills. The position is 10 hours per week with a mix of independent and scheduled in-person work based on availability. A full job description can be viewed HERE.
- St. John the Evangelist Church in Leamington is seeking an Organist/Musical Director
Sunday Services Chorale Eucharist at 10:30 am with extra services at Easter and Christmas. Weddings and Funerals happen occasionally. Remuneration to be discussed.
Approx. 10 voice choir. Church has a 12 Stop Casavant Pipe Organ.
Send resume to St Johns the Evangelist
60 Erie St N
Leamington, ON N8H 2Z5
c/o David Seaton
or email email@example.com
- St. John’s Anglican Church in Cambridge is looking for a director for music ministry,
St. John's, Cambridge, Ontario is an enthusiastic suburban parish. The ministry is part time and includes providing music for one service on Sunday Mornings and choir practice once a week. The choir of 10-12 members is SATB. Currently the position also includes selecting the hymns and one anthem a week. Availability for weddings and funerals would also be appreciated.
Compensation would be based on 10-12 hours per week. Three weeks of paid vacation time is also provided.
The church has a well maintained 1969 two manual Casavant pipe organ and a five year old Pramberger mid-sized grand piano. Applications will be held in the strictest confidence and will be received until May 15. Preferable starting date would be mid June. Please direct inquiries to 519-651-7022 or submit applications to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- St. John’s, Port Rowan is looking for an Organist (Part Time Employment Opportunity). Organist for Local Anglican Services - Our group enjoys singing a variety of styles of music. Organ is manual digital with full pedal. Send resume to email@example.com
Any questions: 519-586-3401