|TO ALL: Clergy, Churches, Wardens, Treasurer, Members of Committees, Lay Delegates to Synod, Anglican Fellowship of Prayer Members, Diocesan Staff and Postulants for Ordination
|The staff of Church House will be back in office
from Monday, June 14.
Bishop Todd Townshend has accepted the request of The Reverend Canon Bryan Girling to retire effective November 1, 2021 with his last Sunday in his parish October 1, 2021.
Canon Bryan was ordained a deacon May 17, 1989 and priested November 30, 1989. He has served the parishes of St. John’s, Port Rowan with St. Luke’s, Vienna, Trinity Church, Port Burwell, St. Williams, St. Williams; St. James, Brantford and Church of the Epiphany Kingsville, the position from which he will retire. He has served on Diocesan Council, the Administration and Finance Committee, the Budget Sub-Committee and as Regional Dean of Brant, Brant/Norfolk and Essex. He was named a Canon of the Cathedral on May 26, 2013.
Canon Bryan will be honoured with the other retirees at Synod 2022.
Bishop Todd Townshend announces that the following will be called to the Priesthood on Thursday, June 24th, the Birth of St. John the Baptist.
Due to COVID-19 restrictions, the services of Ordination will be by invitation only. Please keep the ordinands in your prayers.
- The Reverend Jordan Murray, Assistant Curate, St. George's, Owen Sound
- The Reverend Enrique Martinez, upon priesting the Rector of the Parish of Long Point Bay (Port Ryerse Memorial Church, Port Ryerse; St. John's, Woodhouse; St. John's, Port Rowan; St. Andrew's-by-the-Lake, Turkey Point and Christ Church Chapel of Ease, Vittoria)
Bishop Townshend appoints the following as Regional Deans for a three year term:
Bishop Townshend re-appoints the following Regional Deans for a three year term:
- The Reverend Jenny Sharp as Regional Dean of Huron-Perth
- The Reverend CJ Adams as Regional Dean of Lambton and of Kent
- The Reverend Paul Sherwood as Regional Dean of Brant/Norfolk
- The Reverend Canon Nick Wells as Regional Dean of Delaware
- The Reverend Canon Robert Lemon as Regional Dean of Essex
- The Reverend Carrie Irwin as Regional Dean of the Saugeens
Bishop Townshend appoints The Venerable Megan Collings-Moore as Interim Archdeacon of the Saugeens effective June 1, 2021 in addition to her role as the Archdeacon of Waterloo.
|Please email Davor Milicevic with the date/time and location of meetings so that they can go on our diocesan calendar.
Davor’s email address is email@example.com. As an FYI you can find the diocesan calendar at http://diohuron.org/calendar/
Meetings/Events this week:
Mon-Tues: Archdeacon Residential Meetings
Tues: Ontario House of Bishops
Wed: D & W meeting, Postulancy Board
Fri: Diocesan Council
Sun: National Indigenous Day of Prayer
The Venerable Tanya Phibbs
Archdeacon of Huron