- Hurricane Dorian Emergency Response. Hurricane Dorian has devastated the Bahamas. News footage shows the areas around Freeport to be unrecognizable, completely submerged in water. In response to the immediate and urgent needs on the ground, PWRDF is receiving donations and sending financial support to Episcopal Relief and Development of the Episcopal Church of the United States.
ERD is working through the Anglican Alliance, of which PWRDF is also a member, to support a response as the Anglican Diocese of the Bahamas and the Turks and Caicos begins to evaluate and assess the needs of local communities in the diocese.
CLICK HERE TO LEARN HOW TO SEND YOUR DONATIONS
- Climate Action Month – KAIROS – As concern over the state of climate change grows we can feel overwhelmed with the enormity of the problem. To help us understand the issues and encourage discussion KAIROS has information, resources and suggestions. See: https://www.kairoscanada.org/climateactionmonth!
- From our friends in Christ in the Diocese of Amazonia – a prayer for our Episcopal Election:
Dear God! We are immensely happy for the fellowship with the Diocese of Huron, and with sincere hearts, we thank you for this fellowship with us. It continues to inspire and feed us the fire of the Holy Spirit, especially in the lives of Tim Dobbin, Paul Millward, Tanya Phibbs, Todd Townsend and Bill Cliff, candidates for the diocese of Huron and for all the brothers and sisters of this Diocese. May your Holy Spirit unite their souls in one heart; let your word be light to your steps; may your living presence be in the testimony of faith of the people and the clergy. In the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. Amen.
- FROM ALPHA TO OMEGA IN A YEAR!
Archbishop Linda’s challenge:
Let’s read the Bible in one year. Let’s read it every day!
Join Archbishop Linda in reading the Bible in ONE YEAR.
Use THE BIBLE CHALLENGE as an outline:
The website posts the scriptures daily and contains study guides for each book of the Bible.
- The next Grant&Loans Sub-Committee meeting will be held on Thursday, October 31 at 10:30 at Huron Church House. Deadline for applications is Monday, October 21.
- Looking for an fall study program for your parish? Or interested in learning more about our baptismal call to “strive to safeguard the integrity of God’s
creation, and respect, sustain and renew the life of the Earth?” A Season of Creation Study Program may be found at https://diohuron.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/SeasonofCreationStudyProgram.pdf. (With thanks to the Rev’d Christine Brouillard-Coyle.)
- September – A Time for New Beginnings.
Education for Ministry: Fall Sessions Beginning Soon
Are you interested in exploring your faith with others seeking to integrate faith into their everyday life and circumstances? If you are, it is not too late to register for Education for Ministry sessions taking place within the Diocese of Huron beginning in September. There are openings in evening and daytime sessions in London and Mount Forest as well as Cambridge/Brantford and Kitchener/Woodstock. Please be in touch with either Lili Clifford, the Diocese of Huron EfM Coordinator or myself Val Kenyon EfM Animator in Huron at [email protected].
- Please join us to celebrate the ministry of Dean Peter Wall.
Wine & cheese reception: Sunday, September 22, 2-4pm. Christ Church Cathedral, 252 James Street North, Hamilton
Please RSVP to [email protected] no later than September 13.
- Liturgy Canada: A Rediscovering Liturgy Conference. Real Presence: God Sends Us in Mission. Fifth of five conferences on renewing Eucharistic worship, From Gathering to Sending. Saturday, September 28, 9:00 to 4:00, All Saints Lutheran Anglican Church, 210 Silvercreek Pkwy North, Guelph, Ontario.
- The Anglican Fellowship of Prayer (Huron) is pleased to present the Fall Gathering 2019.
Life as Pilgrimage: A Franciscan Spirituality Perspective on the Prayer Journey with Rev. Lyndon Hutchison-Hounsell, Tssf. Please join us for a day as we explore prayer as pilgrimage through life, through creation, using our whole body.
Saturday, October 5, St. Anne’s Byron (1344 Commissioners Road West) 10 am to 2 pm.
To register: contact Rev. Kim Metelka at [email protected] or by calling or texting info to 519-980-4545
- Network of Biblical Storytellers. We are thrilled to announce that the 2019 Festival Gathering of the NBS, Canada, under the theme of “Sacred Stories for Scary Times” will be convening on Friday October 18 and Saturday October 19, 2019 at St. Matthew on-the-Plains Anglican Church in Burlington.
Keynote speaker: The Revered Dr. Cynthia Park, biblical scholar and pastor at Grace Episcopal Church in Georgia. Featured teller: Ms. Eden Nameri, a Jewish Story Teller who specializes in scripture and midrash of the women in the Hebrew scriptures.
Plus …. Workshops, workshops, workshops … for beginners, for experts, for musical folks, for academic interests.
The full 2-day festival registration is $195 which includes all sessions, coffee breaks and three meals. Register now and receive an early-bird discount of $20. You can also register for just one day, Friday includes sessions and lunch and dinner for $110; Saturday only is $90 including lunch.
Register directly on-line at www.nbscanada.org or email [email protected] for more information.
- CURSILLO: a short course in living a Christian life. Friday, November 1 (evening) to Sunday, November 3. Crieff Hills Community Retreat Centre, 7098 Concession 1, Puslinch, ON
For more info visit: www.niagaracursillo.org
Huron Liaison: [email protected]
- The Saugeens Theology Series.
Full Term LTh Course details: Tuition: $300.00 for credit, $150.00 to audit.
Course #1: September 28-29. Administration: Running Healthy Churches. Ven. Dr. James Sutton
Sat. & Sun. 10 am – 6 pm.
Course #2: October 19-20. Spiritual Formation: Is My Life the Message? Dr. Helen Butlin
Course #3: November 16-17. Anglican Theology and Identity. Rev. Grayhame Bowcott
Presented by Huron University College. Hosted by St. George’s, The Blue Mountain, 166 Russel Streer East, Clarksburg, Ontario
For registration and info call: 519-599-3047 or email: [email protected]
- Journeying through the Bible. Rev. Janet Anstead. October 5, 2019, Church of the Epiphany, 560 Dundas St., Woodstock, Ontario. Follow-up classes to be arranged for those who are interested. NO COST TO ANY PARTICIPANT!! (A pilot project for Huron University College revised LTh)
Praying with the Mystics (Part 1). Dr. Helen Butlin. October 26, November 9, November 30, St. Aidan’s Church, 1246 Oxford St. W., London, Ontario. $75.00 for October 26 single class; $150 for audit of all 3 classes; $300.00 for all 3 classes for LTh credit. Group discounts available.
To register go to https://huronuc.ca/LTh
For more info contact Rev. Janet Anstead, Coordinator of Continuing Education and Non-Degree Programs at [email protected]
- Registration is open for fall courses and events offered by the Renison Institute of Ministry. God calls us to transforming discipleship for the sake of the world. Come learn more! For more information or to register – uwaterloo.ca/cape/register.
- Explore core Christian doctrines and associated controversies, Introduction to Theology with Patrick Patterson.
- Examine the New Testament through your intellect, senses, and feelings, Life Words/Life Works: Exploration of the New Testament with Wendy Fletcher.
- Engage in indigenous wisdom and theology from an Haudenosaunee perspective, Master of Life and the Peace-Maker with Rosalyn Elm.
- Trace the growth of the Church, from its genesis in Jerusalem, up to the time of the Reformation, Apostles to Reformers: Church History with Jeremy Frost.
- New date for a morning workshop on Leading the Prayers of the People with Matthew Kieswetter – Saturday November 9.
- One day workshop on Prophetic Voices: Israel’s Prophets and the Struggle for Justice with Robert James – Saturday November 30.