- FROM ALPHA TO OMEGA IN A YEAR!
Bishop Linda’s challenge:
Let’s read the Bible in one year. Let’s read it every day!
The Bible is at the heart of our faith, writes Bishop Linda in her message while challenging us to join her in an effort to read the entire biblical text in one year.
“As we begin a new calendar year I pray that we will commit to reading the Bible − the whole Bible!”
Join Bishop Linda in reading the Bible in ONE YEAR.
Use THE BIBLE CHALLENGE as an outline:
The website posts the scriptures daily and contains study guides for each book of the Bible.
- Registration is now open for Respect Justice Camp. This program is being hosted by the Diocese of Huron in the Deanery of Essex, at St. Clair College, Windsor, August 13-19, and is open to people of faith across the country with the hopes of encouraging reflection on the ways in which we show respect for and collaborate with others and creation itself. For more information and to register go to justicecamp.ca
Follow us on Facebook: Respect Justice Camp and Twitter: @CampRespect
- Summer Fruit for Souls. July 23-26 at Providence Spirituality Centre, Kingston. Summer Fruit for Souls is an annual conference offered by the Lay Readers’ Association of the Diocese of Ontario to lay person who wishes to deepen and enrich his/her Christian life and service. At this point in time it is open as well to people outside the diocese of Ontario.
- It’s that time again! While the camp rests under a blanket of snow, we are busy preparing for another summer filled with faith, fun and friends at HCC.
Register online at www.huronchurchcamp.ca
Bursary support is available.
For more information contact us at [email protected] or call 519-434-6893 ext 217. See you this summer!
- Do you like singing, praying, games, dancing, food? Are you 13-18 years old or a youth group leader? Then you should come to Youth Conference 2019! Friday, May 24 – Sunday, May 26 at Huron Church Camp.
Youth Conference is a fun weekend when youth from around South-western Ontario (Huron Diocese) come together in a safe and open environment to hang out with friends and peers while building relationships, exploring and questioning real world faith. Whether you’re Anglican, Lutheran or a friend you are welcome! This year our theme is Marked!, inspired by the Five Marks of Love.
The cost for the weekend is subsidized by the diocese, so it’s only $40 for the weekend, including all food and a t-shirt! Registration opens April 1 and closes May 10th. Registration is available online via our Facebook event page, or by contacting Laura Manias.For more information please contact: Laura Manias – 519-630-2363 [email protected]
- Exploring Education for Ministry. Open House. Looking ahead, we at Education for Ministry (Huron) are pleased to offered two opportunities to learn more about Education for Ministry at Exploring EfM Open Houses.
Deanery of London: Wednesday, May 22nd from 7:00pm-8:30pm at St. Anne’s Byron, 1344 Commissioners Road West.
For more information about EfM, to register for Fall classes in London, the Windsor area, Strathroy, Lucan, and Kitchen, or to discuss possibilities of beginning an EfM group in your area, please contact Libi Clifford, the Diocese of Huron EfM Coordinator or myself Val Kenyon at [email protected]
- Saugeens Deanery Development Day. “All New Workshop”: A Church with Mission at its Heart (Not the same old church, not the same old workshop). St. George’s, Owen Sound, Saturday, May 25, 9:00 am – 3:30 pm. Morning and afternoon session. $20.00 includes lunch. Register at [email protected] or call 519-376-3287.
Judy Paulsen, professor of Evangelism; director of the Institute of Evangelism, Wycliffe College
Patrick Paulsen, co-author of “Christian Foundations”
- “Expanding Our Horizons: Extending Parish Nurse Ministry ” The 2019 conference of the Canadian Association for Parish Nursing Ministry will be held in London, Ontario from May 23 – 26 at the Ivey Spencer Leadership Centre. On Friday afternoon there will be an information session on health ministry for non parish nurses. This will provide an opportunity for people to learn about how health ministry can be expanded in your parish. Full information about the conference can be found at http://www.capnm.ca/AGM_2019.htm
- The Saugeens Theology Series. Spring Term L.Th Course details:
May 18-19: Liturgy: Forming a Gospel-Shaped People. Rev. Dr. Jay Koyle
June 15-16: Administration: Running Healthy Churches. Ven. Dr. James Sutton
Presented by Huron University. Hosted by St. George’s, The Blue Mountains. 166 Russell Street East, Clarksburg, ON, N0H 1J0
For more info & registration: [email protected] or call: 519-599-3047
- Shining Light on Faith & Mental Health. Huron University, May 10-11.
Keynote Speakers: Bishop Mark MacDonald and the Rev. Canon Martha Tatarnic.
Huron’s Faculty of Theology is pleased to present this two-day gathering focused on faith, hope, healing, and mental health. May 10 will feature a panel on “The Hope of Healing.” Keynote addresses and workshops on May 11. Workshop topics include faith and psychotherapy, liturgy for healing and wholeness, parish mental health ministry, suicide prevention, art therapy, and faith and family resilience.
Time and Cost: May 10, 1:30 – 5:00 pm, $20; May 11, 9:00 am – 4:00 pm, $40; $50 for both days. Lunch provided on May 11. Free Gospel Jamboree on May 10, 7-9 pm
For more information and to register, visit: https://huronfaithandmentalhealth.eventbrite.com
Questions can be directed to Kathryn at [email protected] or 519-438-7224, ext. 609.
- National Aboriginal Day of Prayer Service on Sunday, June 9 at 2 pm at St. John the Baptist Anglican Church on Walpole Island. The Reverend Mark Loyal Preacher and Presider. Reception to follow. Everyone is welcome to attend.
- BRING A BOOK – TAKE A BOOK. Synod 2019, Monday, May 27 and Tuesday, May 28, London Convention Centre.
Returning again to Synod 2019, the popular Bring a Book-Take a Book tables sponsored by Education for Ministry (EfM). How does it work? Simple: revisit your book collection between now and May 27th, and bring along to Synod any books you’d wish to donate to the table. Then, spend some time browsing what has been donated, and feel free to take away any you find there for your reading pleasure. It’s that simple. Any questions, please be in touch with Val Kenyon, EfM Animator at [email protected].
- CURSILLO: a short course in living a Christian life. Friday, November 1 (evening) to Sunday, November 3. Crieff Hills Community Retreat Centre, 7098 Concession 1, Puslinch, ON