Due to request of public health officials that all persons assist in slowing the spread of the COVID-19 virus by social distancing and in order to protect our staff and those they may come in contact with, Huron Church House is closed, effective immediately.
Our staff is still working but from their homes. They can be reached through their regular email addresses and phone extensions. (The phones will be forwarded.) That information can be found at https://diohuron.org/contact-us/
All scheduled meetings and appointments will either take place by Zoom or will be postponed. Should you have any questions about a meeting or appointment, please be in touch with the appropriate staff member.
If you have any questions or concerns about this closure, please contact Archdeacon Tanya Phibbs at [email protected]
All diocesan and parish events announced on Friday, March 13 and scheduled to take place in the period March 14-April 8, 2020 have been cancelled.
The list of cancelled diocesan events:
- 2020 A.C.W. Annual Meeting and Conference, scheduled for April 25, has been cancelled.
- BAC Annual Meeting(April 25) has been cancelled.
- Huron 2020 Synod has been postponed until the fall. More information to follow.
Covid-19 update from Huron Church Camp:
For the time being, we are still planning our programs and taking registrations.. A very excited group of young adults has been hired and they are so looking forward to gathering at the camp this summer to meet and serve our campers.
Register online and find updates www.huronchurchcamp.ca
We do not know what the future holds right now but we are hoping that it one that has summer camp in it!
If you have any questions or concerns please do not hesitate to contact me at [email protected] or 519-434-6893 ext 217 (please leave a message – it will be forwarded to me and I will get right back to you!) Please stay safe! Gerry
The list of rescheduled diocesan events:
- The Bishop of Huron’s Prayer Conference (Anglican Fellowship of Prayer) is being rescheduled to October 3, 2020.
- Holy Land Pilgrimage. RESCHEDULED. Canon Vicars Hodge and Bishop Terry Dance are leading a pilgrimage tour October 2-16. You’re invited to join the group for the spiritual adventure of a lifetime. St. Jerome called the Holy Land “The 5th Gospel” because those who visit rarely leave the same as they arrive. To walk where Jesus walked and meet the people of the land brings the Bible stories to life. For full information: www.trinitytour.org
- DIOCESE OF HURON: Designated Substances Survey Grant. Up to $1500 will be offered to parishes upon submission of the report and receipt for a completed Designated Substances Survey before May 2021.
These surveys are required by provincial law and must be available to all contractors and volunteers to ensure the safe handling of all materials in our churches. Please submit your request, the completed survey, and receipt to: Terri Ellison: [email protected]
- Tips for Moving Away from Single Use Plastics. At Diocesan Synod in May 2019, a motion was passed challenging all parishes to reduce the purchase of products with single use plastics including rigid foam and to end such purchases by the beginning of 2023. Social & Ecological Justice Huron offers a few tips for moving away from singe use plastics. Click here to download
- SOCIAL & ECOLOGICAL JUSTICE HURON: LENTEN REFLECTIONS PACKAGE.
CLIMATE EMERGENCY – CALL TO ACTION
FROM NAZARETH TO JERUSALEM
BETTERMENT OF CREATION
FOUNDATION FOR BEGINNING
A REFLECTION ON WATER
- Messy Church Canada is holding a National ‘Messy Connections’ Conference in Winnipeg from October 15 to 18, 2020. Information about the Conference and registration can be found at: https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/messy-connections-the-canadian-messy-church-conference-tickets-90378543657
- The Centre for Practical Theology & Middlesex Foundation presents: REKINDLING THE FIRE. SEPTEMBER 24-26, Metropolitan United Church, 468 Wellington Street. Early Bird Price: $150.00 (until March 31), Regular Price: $225.00. For more info and to register: www.metropolitanchurch.com/contribute/rekindling