All church services throughout the diocese have been cancelled until further notice.
Huron 2020 Synod has been postponed until the fall. More information to follow.
For regular updates and available resources visit our COVID-19 RESOURCE HUB page.
Due to request of public health officials that all persons assist in slowing the spread of the COVID-19 virus by social distancing and in order to protect our staff and those they may come in contact with, Huron Church House is closed, effective immediately.
Our staff is still working but from their homes. They can be reached through their regular email addresses and phone extensions. (The phones will be forwarded.) That information can be found at https://diohuron.org/contact-us/
All scheduled meetings and appointments will either take place by Zoom or will be postponed. Should you have any questions about a meeting or appointment, please be in touch with the appropriate staff member.
If you have any questions or concerns about this closure, please contact Archdeacon Tanya Phibbs at [email protected]
Covid-19 update from Huron Church Camp:
It is with heavy hearts that we announce that due to the COVID-19 epidemic we will not be gathering at HCC this summer.
We are so disappointed but fully support Premier Doug Ford’s caution in not wanting to put our young people at risk for contracting the virus or carrying it home to a loved one…
For questions, concerns or to find out more about how you can help to sustain HCC please contact:
Rev’d Canon Gerry Adam, Deacon and Director 519-43406893 ext 217, [email protected]
The list of rescheduled diocesan events:
- Huron 2020 Synod has been postponed until the fall. More information to follow.
- CLAY 2020 postponed to 2021: CLAY, originally scheduled for August 20-23, 2020 will be postponed to AUGUST 19-22, 2021. The event will be held at the Southern Alberta Institute for Theology (SAIT) in Calgary. For more info visit: http://claygathering.ca/covid/
- The Bishop of Huron’s Prayer Conference (Anglican Fellowship of Prayer) is being rescheduled to October 3, 2020.
- Holy Land Pilgrimage. RESCHEDULED. Canon Vicars Hodge and Bishop Terry Dance are leading a pilgrimage tour APRIL 10-21, 2021. You’re invited to join the group for the spiritual adventure of a lifetime. St. Jerome called the Holy Land “The 5th Gospel” because those who visit rarely leave the same as they arrive. To walk where Jesus walked and meet the people of the land brings the Bible stories to life. For full information: www.trinitytour.org
- DIOCESE OF HURON: Designated Substances Survey Grant. Up to $1500 will be offered to parishes upon submission of the report and receipt for a completed Designated Substances Survey before May 2021.
These surveys are required by provincial law and must be available to all contractors and volunteers to ensure the safe handling of all materials in our churches. Please submit your request, the completed survey, and receipt to: Terri Ellison: [email protected]
- Tips for Moving Away from Single Use Plastics. At Diocesan Synod in May 2019, a motion was passed challenging all parishes to reduce the purchase of products with single use plastics including rigid foam and to end such purchases by the beginning of 2023. Social & Ecological Justice Huron offers a few tips for moving away from singe use plastics. Click here to download
- Messy Church Canada is holding a National ‘Messy Connections’ Conference in Winnipeg from October 15 to 18, 2020. Information about the Conference and registration can be found at: https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/messy-connections-the-canadian-messy-church-conference-tickets-90378543657