- FROM ALPHA TO OMEGA IN A YEAR!
Bishop Linda’s challenge:
Let’s read the Bible in one year. Let’s read it every day!
The Bible is at the heart of our faith, writes Bishop Linda in her message while challenging us to join her in an effort to read the entire biblical text in one year.
“As we begin a new calendar year I pray that we will commit to reading the Bible − the whole Bible!”
Join Bishop Linda in reading the Bible in ONE YEAR.
Use THE BIBLE CHALLENGE as an outline:
The website posts the scriptures daily and contains study guides for each book of the Bible.
- Diocesan Golf Tournament, Saturday, September 7. Ironwood Golf Club, Exeter. All proceeds go to the Faith in Action trust fund for outreach mission throughout the diocese. $140 registration includes: 18 holes of golf (with electric cart); lunch; dinner; silent auction; prizes to win; tax receipt ($25) and FUN! Dinner-only option available for $40.
To register or volunteer, contact Rev. Daniel Bowyer at [email protected] or 519-301-9873.
- On behalf of the Respect Justice Camp planning committee, thank you to Bishop Linda and all those in the Diocese of Huron, especially in the Deanery of Essex who have provided support for our efforts to offer the first Justice Camp in our diocese.
There has been much excitement about the possibilities for this program and planning has been intense. Unfortunately, faced with low registration for the event, the team has decided it would not be a good use of resources to proceed as originally planned.
While Respect Justice Camp is now cancelled, those involved in planning remain in discernment about how to best share the work that has been done. We ask your patience and prayers as we seek the resurrection of the ideal that was behind our willingness to embrace this opportunity.
- We are thrilled to announce that AFC’s latest publication, Dear God: Prayers for young children, is now available on the AFC website and online store!
This book features four prayers for the day: in the morning, at midday, late afternoon, and at bedtime. It also includes a page for children to list their prayer requests and a page of special Bible verses about prayer.
Each page is beautifully illustrated in pencil crayon by Canadian illustrator, Michele Nidenoff. The prayers were written by Executive Director Judy Rois.
It’s a perfect for children ages 5–8, for baptisms and other special events. $5 each.
- Summer Fruit for Souls. July 23-26 at Providence Spirituality Centre, Kingston. Summer Fruit for Souls is an annual conference offered by the Lay Readers’ Association of the Diocese of Ontario to lay person who wishes to deepen and enrich his/her Christian life and service. At this point in time it is open as well to people outside the diocese of Ontario.
- We are packing our bathing suits and sunscreen, our sleeping bags and bug sray and getting ready to go to camp! There is plenty of room in all of our week-long sessions for children ages 6-14, grades 1-8: July 7-13, July 14-20, July 21-27,
August 4-10, August 11-17, and August 18-24. There is also room in our Senior Camp for grade 8s, July 7-20. There is bursary support available.
Register online today www.huronchurchchamp.ca
For more information call 519-434-6893 ext 217 or email [email protected]
We look forward to seeing your children this summer!
P.S. – Come worship with us Saturdays at 10:30 am July 13, 20, 27 and August 10, 17 and 24th.
- CURSILLO: a short course in living a Christian life. Friday, November 1 (evening) to Sunday, November 3. Crieff Hills Community Retreat Centre, 7098 Concession 1, Puslinch, ON
For more info visit: www.niagaracursillo.org
Huron Liaison: [email protected]