The list of rescheduled diocesan events:
- CLAY 2020 postponed to 2021: CLAY, originally scheduled for August 20-23, 2020 will be postponed to AUGUST 19-22, 2021
- and will be an ONLINE EVENT. For more info visit: http://claygathering.ca/enroute/
- The Bishop of Huron’s Prayer Conference (Anglican Fellowship of Prayer) is being rescheduled to May 2021.
- Niagara Huron Anglican Cursillo Weekend has been postponed to November 12-14, 2021 at Five Oaks Education and Retreat Centre, Paris, ON.
- Holy Land Pilgrimage. RESCHEDULED. Canon Vicars Hodge and Bishop Terry Dance are leading a pilgrimage tour APRIL 10-21, 2021. You’re invited to join the group for the spiritual adventure of a lifetime. St. Jerome called the Holy Land “The 5th Gospel” because those who visit rarely leave the same as they arrive. To walk where Jesus walked and meet the people of the land brings the Bible stories to life. For full information: www.trinitytour.org
Diocesan & Parish Events:
- Social and Ecological Justice Huron invites you to Morning Prayer service honouring the Feast of St. Francis – Oct. 4, 2020. The service includes a short sermon from Bishop Todd. CLICK HERE: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V99gYMMuajQ
- The next Grants & Loans Sub-committee meeting will be held via Zoom on Thursday October 29, 2020 at 9:30 am. The deadline for applications will be Monday October 19.
- Renison Institute of Ministry fall on-line retreats. Explore your longing for wholeness or and reflect on your inner critic with spiritual director and psychotherapist Gord Alton. Meet Gord and learn more in this short video or read about the two events here. Register for one or both retreat days (October 17 and November 7).
- Anglicans Talk Movies: Some movies are so topical, deep, challenging, or weird, that debriefing with a group of friends after the screening can be almost as engaging as the film itself. That’s the premise for this movie discussion series. All you have to do is find the movie (most titles are available at the library and/or through several inexpensive and sometimes free streaming services such as Amazon Prime, iTunes, Hoopla, etc.), watch it, and then log in to Zoom for an hour-long conversation (and feel free to invite friends).
Here’s what is planned for the season:Saturday, October 24, 3:00 PM: Waiting for Anya
Saturday, October 31, 3:00 PM: Night of the Living Dead (1968)
If you are interested in joining one or more of the upcoming conversations, contact Matthew Kieswetter ([email protected]) for the Zoom coordinates.