- FROM ALPHA TO OMEGA IN A YEAR!
Archbishop Linda’s challenge:
Let’s read the Bible in one year. Let’s read it every day!
Join Archbishop Linda in reading the Bible in ONE YEAR.
Use THE BIBLE CHALLENGE as an outline:
The website posts the scriptures daily and contains study guides for each book of the Bible.
- Tips for Moving Away from Single Use Plastics. At Diocesan Synod in May 2019, a motion was passed challenging all parishes to reduce the purchase of products with single use plastics including rigid foam and to end such purchases by the beginning of 2023. Social & Ecological Justice Huron offers a few tips for moving away from singe use plastics. Click here to download
- Holy Land Pilgrimage. Canon Vicars Hodge and Bishop Terry Dance are leading a pilgrimage tour (May 22 – June 3, 2020). You’re invited to join the group for the spiritual adventure of a lifetime. St. Jerome called the Holy Land “The 5th Gospel” because those who visit rarely leave the same as they arrive. To walk where Jesus walked and meet the people of the land brings the Bible stories to life. For full information: www.trinitytour.org
Renison Institute of Ministry
Registration is open for winter courses and events offered by the Renison Institute of Ministry.
Non-degree courses are open to everyone. Come explore faith in a supportive learning community.
All winter courses begin in January and are held at Renison University College in Waterloo, on Saturdays, from 10:00 am to 3:30 pm. $250/course.
For more information or to register – uwaterloo.ca/cape/register.
- Explore the Great Literature of Asian Religions with Jeremy Frost (Jan 18, Feb 8, Mar 21, Apr 18).
- Apprentice yourself to a variety of spiritual mentors in Wisdom of the Saints: Readings in the Christian Spiritual Tradition with Patrick Patterson (Jan 18, Feb 8, Mar 21, Apr 18).
- Examine the role the New Testament played in establishing the dominance of the written word in our culture and its presence in a digital age in New Testament as Story with Davor Milicevic (Jan 18, Feb 8, Mar 21, Apr 25).
- Investigate the ways in which nature and religion inform each other in Religion and Nature with Jeremy Frost (Jan 11, Feb 1, Mar 7, Apr 4).