At our Synod in May 2018 we gathered the questions and information from Deanery conversations about the proposed Marriage Canon for reflection by the Primate and Bishop Linda Nicholls.
Their reflections and responses were videotaped as part of Synod and we had a number of requests to make them available for wider parish discussion. They are now available with a discussion guide through our diocesan website.
We will not be formally collecting further responses on the Marriage Canon but do encourage parishes to share the videos and discussion as part of helping us all pray and prepare for General Synod 2019 and to respond to the decisions made there.
- Discussion Guide to 2018 Synod Videos on the Marriage Canon
- Video 1: Ongoing Discernment about Marriage
- Video 2: Impact of Changing the Marriage Canon on Our Ecumenical and International Relationships
- Video 3: Living Together With Different Views of Marriage
- Video 4: Conflict in Congregations
- Video 5: Leaving the Anglican Church After the Vote