1. Bishop Nicholls appoints the Reverend Stephen Martin as the Rector (50% time) of St. Stephen’s, Stratford effective May 15, 2019.
2. Bishop Nicholls has accepted the request of the Reverend Wayne Malott to retire effective June 30, 2019 with his last Sunday in the parish being May 26, 2019. Wayne was ordained a deacon May 27, 2010 and priested on November 30th of that year. He has served the parishes of St. David’s and St. Mark’s, Windsor and Trinity, Bayfield and St. James’, Middleton, the position from which he will retire. Wayne will be honoured with the other retirees at Synod.
3. The opening service of the 178th Synod of the Diocese of Huron will be held on Sunday, May 26 at 7pm at the Cathedral Church of St. Paul in London. Bishop Marinez Rosa Bassotto of our companion diocese of Amazonia will be the preacher. All are welcome to attend! Clergy are asked to be vested by 6:30pm, the colour being white.
4. The Bishop of Huron announces that the Reverend David Hyatt will be called to the Priesthood at a service of Ordination to be held on the Feast of St. Barnabas, Tuesday, June 11, at 7pm at Grace Church, 4 Pearl St., Brantford. Clergy are invited to vest, the colour being red.
5. Bishop Linda will be in Israel attending the meeting of the Anglican-Roman Catholic International Commission from May 10 to 18. While she is away, the Ven. Tanya Phibbs will be the Commissary.
Meetings/Events this week:
Monday: Justice Lague; Social and Ecological Justice Committee
Tuesday: Doctrine and Worship Committee; General Synod Delegates
Wednesday: Oaths and Declaration; Companion Diocese Committee
Thursday: Human Resources Committee; Land & Property Committee
Friday: Golf Committee